Headphones are a great invention that helps users to listen to music, podcasts, and other audio easily without involving the need of holding your mobile phone to listen to what’s going on.
However, daily use of headphones can drastically change their overall sound quality making it quite lower than the original. If your headphones are offering insufficient sound even if your volume is maximum then there might be a problem.
In this article, we will discuss the best methods through which you can make your headphones sound louder while watching movies, playing games, and listening to music.
So, let’s get started.
- Clean your Headphones
If you want to increase the sound of your headphones then first of all try cleaning them. After giving them a nice cleaning you might be able to get good quality sound.
When using headphones, the heat reaching your ear increases that result in an increased production of oil and wax inside your ear. Sometimes the wax may affect your headphones causing the sound to become low.
So in order to avoid the accumulation of wax, dust, and oil inside your earphones give them a nice clean daily. The best way to clean your headphones is by using soapy water. You can also use hydrogen peroxide if you have access to it. Other than soapy water, you will require tissue or a towel, a dry toothbrush, and cotton buds.
Here’s how you can clean your headphones:
- First of all, remove the ear tips of your headphones and soak them in soapy water for almost five minutes.
- Use cotton buds to clean the inner parts of the ear tips to remove wax and dust.
- Now use a dry toothbrush and apply it to the mesh screens of the earbuds to remove the dirt from earbuds.
- After cleaning the earbuds, wipe them with a paper towel.
- Wait until the earbuds dry, after that reassemble your headphones by putting everything in place.
- Use a Headphone Amplifier
The second method to give your headphones a volume boost is by using an amplifier. If you pair your headphones with an amplifier then you can get increased volume.
Power up the amplifier from your phone or tablet to benefit from your headphones. You can also use an external amplifier to get better sound quality, dynamic range, and enhanced sound clarity.
Usually, headphone amplifiers are recommended for over-ear headphones. If you have a pair of those and you are looking forward to buying an amplifier then first, check the impedance of your headphones.
If a headphone offers a high impedance level then boosting it with an amplifier will do the work for you. If your headphones offer 20 ohms of range then using an amplifier is not recommended.
- Use Volume Booster Apps
If your headphones are working fine but still the sound quality is low then we highly recommend you to try volume-boosting apps. There are a lot of applications available for Android, iOS, and Windows devices for the purpose of boosting volume. By using them you will get louder sounds from your headphones.
Below is a list of volume booster apps that we recommend using for Android, iOS, and Windows devices.
- Volume Booster Pro – For Android Devices
- Dub Music Player (Audio Player & Music Equalizer) – For Android Devices
- Equalizer Pro Volume Booster – For iOS Devices
- Equalizer + (Music Player Volume Booster) – For iOS Devices
- Equalizer Pro – For Windows Devices
- Breakaway Audio Enhancer – For Windows Devices
- DFX Sound Enhancer – For Windows Devices
I hope that you will find this article helpful. If you have any questions or queries then let us know in the comments.
- Fix: Instagram Reels Not Working
- Fix: Amazon Prime Error Code 5004
- How to Turn Off Screen Time Without Password