Terraria is an action-adventure game that was released back in 2011 by Re-Logic. Although the game has now grown quite old still it is popular among its fans. The main reason for its popularity is because it is a multiplayer game so that you can enjoy playing it with your friends as well.
Currently, this game is available for Playstation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, macOS, iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, Xbox 360, and many more platforms. Even though this game is available for different platforms, users are still eager to know whether Terraria supports cross-platform play or not?
With the help of cross-platform support, you will be able to play with your friends who have different gaming consoles. So, let’s find out if Terraria is cross-platform or not.
PC and Mobile
Luckily, Terraria supports cross-platform play between PC and Mobile players.
This means you will be able to enjoy this game with your friends even if you play from a PC and they play from a mobile. Here’s how you can activate crossplay between mobile and PC platforms:
- First of all, to enable crossplay you will need a server where PC and mobile players can connect.
- After that make sure the game version is the latest and the same on both PC and mobile.
- Next, check out the official website of Penguin Games to collect the IP and Port address for the crossplay server.
- Now in the next step launch the game on your respective devices.
- Select your character and after that select the Play Online option.
- Now enter the IP and port address of the server in the relevant fields mentioned on your screen. When you have done that, click on the Play button to enjoy cross-platform play for Terraria.
This is how you can cross-play between mobile and PC.
Xbox and PC
Unfortunately, Terraria doesn’t support crossplay between Xbox and PC players.
This means you won’t be able to play with your friend if you have a PC and they own an Xbox.
PS4 and Xbox
If you want crossplay between PS4 and Xbox then we are really sorry, as the game doesn’t support it.
The developers of this game are still working on introducing cross-platform compatibility among PS4 and Xbox users as well. But we aren’t sure when they will roll out crossplay updates.
iOS and Android
Fortunately, iOS and Android users can enjoy cross-platform support provided by Terraria.
It means that if you own iOS and your friend owns an Android then you both will be able to play together. But for that purpose there are some things you have to take care of:
- Make sure that both of you have downloaded the latest version of Terraria on your devices.
- Ensure that both of you have joined a mobile multiplayer server.
Where to get multiplayer servers? If you don’t know how to access some multiplayer servers then visit this link to find out some.