The introduction of the iPhone has been a huge success for Apple. After introducing their iOS devices, the company has continued to release updated variations of the devices. Most of these updates are different from each other in terms of various software features as well as hardware specifications.
As an example, the ‘Sleep/Wake’ button on certain models is positioned near the bottom of the device, whereas other models have it on the side.
The Side button, Home button, Power button, and Sleep/Wake button are all various names for the same button depending on the model you have. As a result, the technique for turning off the computer differs slightly.
However, most of the users still want to know how to turn off the iPhone without touching the screen. So if you are looking for a detailed guide then you’ve come to the right place.
iPhone 8 and Newer Models:
This approach is compatible with the iPhone X, iPhone 11, iPhone 12, iPhone 8, and subsequent devices.
Three buttons on your iPhone 11 are involved in this process; on the left side are the volume up and down buttons, and on the right is either the sleep/wake button or the side button. The following are the measures to take:
- Press and hold the ‘Volume Up’ button for a few seconds before releasing it.
- Press and hold the ‘Volume Down’ button for a few seconds before releasing it.
- Press and hold the ‘Sleep/Wake’ button for a few seconds until the ‘Power OFF slider shows on the screen, then release the button.
- Continue to hold down the button until the screen turns off.
Remember to rapidly release the button at this moment, since if you hold it for an extended period of time, the phone will restart itself.
iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus:
This technique is efficient to use with iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press and hold the Home/Power button (located in the middle of the bottom) while simultaneously pressing and holding the ‘Volume Down’ button.
- Continue to press and hold both buttons until the screen shuts off.
- Do not hold for an excessive amount of time; otherwise, the gadget will restart.
iPhone 6S and Previous Models:
As for iPhone 6S and all the previous models, you can follow the below-mentioned technique:
- Press and hold the Power button, followed by the Home button, all at the same time.
- When the screen shuts off, press and hold the buttons for a few seconds.
- How To Pair JBL Headphones
- How to Factory Reset iPhone Without Password
- How to Connect JBL Speakers to iPhone
- How to Delete System Storage on iPhone
- How to Set up Apple Watch Without Pairing to iPhone