Home Improvement is definitely not affordable however, there are a few circumstances when one must have to go through the home improvement process. It isn’t necessary to be left without any cash every single time you opt for home improvement. If you don’t want yourself to struggle with cash again then I recommend using a credit card from Home Depot to cope with emergencies that require a lot of amounts.
Home Depot offers a wide range of credit cards for instance consumer cards as well as company cards. For the consumer cards, Home Depot will offer a credit card that can be utilized by its consumers at different stores. The consumer card provides six months of 0% financing for a purchase exceeding the price of $299 or more.
The commercial credit cards offered by Home Depot are for contractors and businesses. With the commercial package, you will get a commercial charge card as well as a commercial line of credit account.
Another thing to notice is that Home Depot also provides its users with a project loan credit card that works much as a line of credit, but with the project loan credit card you will have to pay back the balance within a limited amount of time. The total balance can go as high as $55,000.
In this article, we are going to discuss how you can get your Home Depot Credit Card Application approved, along with some necessary details such as submission of the application, rewards from the credit card, etc.
So, without wasting any further time let’s get started.
Where can I Get the Home Depot Credit Card?
In order to get your Home Depot Credit Card, you will have to apply for it via their official website. If you aren’t comfortable with applying online then the process can also be completed in stores. The decision process for both methods is quick, however, when it comes to receiving the card, it might take up to 10 days. Sometimes, application acceptance can also be a huge problem for some users.
Benefits of Home Depot Credit Card:
You can use the home depot consumer credit card to handle the update and renovation of your home. Due to Home Depot’s affordable financing plan, you won’t have to pay any interest for six months on your purchases that exceed the amount of $299 or more.
Other important perks include one-year free returns and more than 24 months of special financing when it comes to special promotions. Home Depot has been offering a lot of rewards to its users that also include discounts and statement credit features (for particular purchases).
How to Apply for a Home Depot Credit Card? Application Process
In order to get the approval for a Home Depot credit card offer, it is important for you to be a resident of the United States. No matter if you apply online or apply in person, the approval process can take some time, and it might take a total of 10 – 15 days for your card to arrive.
Another thing to notice is that Home Depot won’t provide you with an instant decision regarding your credit card. You will be notified by the company within 30 days by the U.S mail to notify you regarding your application status.
You can also check the pre-qualification tool offered by Home Depot to see if you are already qualified for a Home Depot consumer credit card or not.
Following are the methods that can be used to get through the Home Depot application process. So, let’s have a look at them.
Method – 1: Applying Online for Home Depot Card
The first method involves applying online for the Home Depot Card. In this section, we have provided a step-by-step guide so that you can go through the online application process. Let’s have a look.
- First of all, go to Home Depot online Credit Centre. From there look for the Home Depot Consumer Credit Card Offer.
- After that click on the Apply Now button (in orange) to get your hands on the online credit card application.
- After that, you have to fill out your online application. There you have to provide your full name, email address, street address, financial information, Date of birth, social security number, phone number, etc.
- After entering the required information, we recommend you to read the terms and details and then check the agreement box.
- In the next step, click on the Submit Application button (in orange) to proceed with your application.
If your application is approved, then you will get an online confirmation with details of your credit limit. You can also head towards your nearest Home Depot Store to get your temporary card information and a $25 coupon code to use as well.
Method – 2: Applying In-Person for Home Depot Card
If somehow the online application process doesn’t suit you then you can also apply in-person for a Home Depot Card. In this section, we have mentioned a detailed and step-by-step guide that explains how you can do it.
- First of all, go to your local Home Depot Store and then head towards the special services desk.
- From there you will find an associate, tell the associate that you are here to apply for a Home Depot consumer credit card.
- After that, you will be handed the application form. Fill out the application thoroughly by entering your full name, email address, phone number, date of birth, financial information, street address, and social security number.
- After filling out the application you have to wait for a while so that it can be approved.
Meanwhile, the associate at the Home Depot store will hand you over temporary credit card account information as well as a $25 coupon.
In case you face any issues then you can contact Home Depot’s customer support at 866-875-5488 to ask questions or queries.
How to Increase the Chances for Application Approval of Home Depot:
Well, it isn’t guaranteed that you will get approved for a Home Depot credit card, no matter if you are pre-qualified. We can’t guarantee approval but we can give you some tips to increase the chances of your application getting approved.
Here are a few things that are tried and tested and that we recommend:
- Grab a copy of your credit report and ensure that there aren’t any errors present.
- In case of any errors, contact the credit bureau to finish them off and then check your credit report again. After that, reapply.
- This time apply for a secured credit card that requires a deposit so that it will create a positive credit history (no matter if you don’t get approved).
- In case of rejection, reapply for the Home Depot Credit card as soon as your report comes with a positive credit history.
Please note that even if you get rejected by Home Depot, that doesn’t mean you will never get approved. Just make sure to follow the steps in the right way to avoid any possible problems.
How to Check your Home Depot Credit Card Application Status?
If you have applied for your Home Depot card and haven’t received a response for long then I recommend checking your application status. Following is a detailed guide to checking your Home Depot credit card application status.
- First of all, call (800) 677-0232
- After that, select the Social Security option and then follow the automated commands so that you can connect with the support representative.
- Once you have done it, inform the representative that you want to know about your Home Depot credit card application status.
- They will ask you for a few details for confirmation, such as your full name, social security number, and your phone number.
- After the initial confirmation, the representative will let you know whether your application is approved, still pending, or denied.