If you have an iPhone and want to connect your Sonos system to it, you can do so very easily. There are a lot of methods for this process.
If you want to connect your Sonos speakers with your iPhone then keep on reading this post to know about the complete process. In this article, we have added different approaches to help you out. So, let’s get started.
Connect by using AirPlay
The easiest way to connect your Sonos system to your iPhone is by using AirPlay. With AirPlay, you can wirelessly stream audio from your iPhone to any Sonos device in your home.
Follow the instructions in this section to connect your Sonos by using AirPlay:
- Unlock your iPhone and swipe down from the top right corner.
- Now open the Control Centre on your iOS device and click on the right-hand corner on top of the screen to locate the audio card.
- After that click the AirPlay icon and then add Sonos speakers to the soundbar.
- Now you can enjoy playing music on your iPhone on Sonos easily.
If you have an Apple TV, you can also use AirPlay to send audio from your iPhone directly to your TV. This is a great way to watch movies or TV shows with surround sound.
Connect by Using Bluetooth
Connecting your Sonos Speakers via Bluetooth is an easy task, this is because the portable Sonos speakers come with the Bluetooth feature
However, the process is different when connecting Sonos Move and Sonos Roam to your iPhone. We will check out both in this section.
Pairing Sonos Move via Bluetooth to iPhone:
Follow the below-mentioned steps to pair your Sonos Move with your iPhone by using Bluetooth functionality.
- Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your iPhone. You can do this by opening the Settings app and scrolling down to Bluetooth.
- On the backside of Sonos Move, locate the Bluetooth button and press it to turn on Bluetooth. The device will produce a sound and the LED indicator will glow blue.
- Now on your Sonos Move, press and hold the Bluetooth button until it chimes and the LED indicator blinks blue.
- Since you already turned on the Bluetooth on your iPhone, check the list of available devices and locate Sonos Move.
- Now pair it and the LED indicator will glow solid blue if the process is successful.
Pairing Sonos Roam via Bluetooth to iPhone:
Follow the steps below to pair Sonos Roam to your iPhone by using Bluetooth:
- Turn on your Sonos Roam and on its backside locate the Bluetooth button.
- Press and hold the power button for 2 seconds and release the device when the device chimes and the LED indicator turns blue.
- Now turn on the Bluetooth on your iPhone and from the list of available devices, choose Sonos Roam.
- Pair your device with your speakers.
Upon successfully completing the process, the solid blue LED will appear on your Sonos Roam.
Connect by using the Sonos App
If you don’t have an AirPlay-compatible device, you can still connect your Sonos system to your iPhone using the Sonos app. The app will allow you to control all of your Sonos devices from your phone, as well as listen to any music that’s stored on your phone.
For this purpose, head towards the app store on your iPhone and install the Sonos App. Now connect your iPhone with the same Wi-Fi network which is connected to your Sonos as well. Plugin your Sonos and turn it on. Now open the Sonos app.
You will see a few on-screen instructions. follow these to connect your device without any hassle. This can be done by using the Room List.
Once you’ve added your Sonos system to the app, you can start streaming music from your iPhone. To do so, just select the “Music” tab and choose the music service that you want to listen to.
If you have any questions about connecting your Sonos system to your iPhone, don’t hesitate to contact us. We would be more than happy to help.
- How to Connect JBL Speakers to iPhone
- How to Delete System Storage on iPhone
- How to Factory Reset iPhone Without Password
- How to Turn Off iPhone Without Touching Screen
- How to Set up Apple Watch Without Pairing to iPhone
- iPhone Not Charging but Turns on When Plugged In