iPhone lets you perform a factory reset on your device to erase all data on it. There are many situations where you may want to erase data on your iPhone as if you’re going to sell it to someone, or forget the password on it, or both. But without a passcode, you will not be able to access your device settings to perform the initial reset. Therefore, you will need a solution on how to erase iPhone without a passcode.
Deleting an iPhone without a passcode is one of the most frequently asked questions online as many iPhone users store the passcode on their iPhone and sometimes forget it. Although they can unlock their iPhone using fingerprint authentication, they will still need a passcode if they want to reset their phone to erase all data. In this post, we will tell you some tips on how to factory reset iPhone without password.
Erase / Reset iPhone Without Password using iTunes
iTunes / Finder is the best way to erase your iPhone without a passcode. Apple devises management software that allows users to back up their device and restore it to default settings. You can use iTunes to recover your locked iPhone and erase it without a passcode.
- Open iTunes or Finder and update to the latest version.
- Make sure your iPhone is not connected to your computer.
- Put your iPhone in recovery mode. With iPhone X or later: Press and hold the side button and one of the volume buttons to turn off your iPhone. The next step is to connect your iPhone to your computer while holding and click long the Side button, holding the Side button until you see the Recovery Mode screen.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold the sidebar to turn off your iPhone. Then connect your iPhone to your computer while holding the volume down button, keeping the volume down button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
- For iPhone SE (first generation) / iPhone 6s and earlier: Press and hold the Side (or higher) button to turn off your iPhone. Then connect your iPhone to your computer while holding down the home button, keeping the home button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
- Now Restore your iPhone with iTunes / Finder. In iTunes or Finder: Find your iPhone> Find and click the Restore iPhone> Finder or iTunes will download the latest iOS software for your iPhone.
- Reset your iPhone. You can follow the steps to set up your iPhone again, and the iPhone is now erased and will be set as a new phone.
How to Unlock a disabled iPhone using Find My iPhone
One way you can do the same thing is to use Apple’s Find My iPhone feature, which lets you track your iOS devices and – worst of all – reset if stolen and not found. You can use that capability with your disabled iPhone.
- At first, you have to open the Find My iPhone website in any trusted web browser.
- Secondly, you have to find your iPhone in the following list of devices in the drop-down menu at the top of the screen and click on it for further process.
- Click “Erase iPhone” and then click “Erase” to confirm. You will still need to enter your Apple ID password to do this, but you will not need an iPhone passcode.
- After it is erased, it will be restored to its factory settings, and you can follow the instructions to restore the iPhone with the latest backup.