Are you facing storage issues on your iPhone? If yes then this article is going to be quite helpful for you. If you ever checked the Storage section of your iOS device then you may see system storage there. You might be wondering why system storage is accumulating a lot of space. If you have a device with a higher storage variant then this might not be an issue for you but for users with 16 GB and 32 GB of storage, it really sucks.
If your storage variant is low then it is important for you to clear up the system storage on your iPhone to make things better for you.
In this post, we will discuss how you can delete the system storage on your iPhone. So, let’s get started.
Step 1: Check System Storage Size on your iPhone
Before deleting the system storage on your iPhone it is important to determine its actual size. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Go to the General settings.
- Select iPhone Storage or iPad Storage.
- Wait for a few seconds until the storage usage is calculated on your iOS device.
- Scroll down to the bottom and you will find the system storage. Check the total consumption.
Now you are aware of how large your system storage is, let’s move forward to the part where we delete it.
Step 2: Delete System Storage on Your iPhone
Before we move forward you will require some things to delete the system Storage on your iPhone, such as:
- Your iPhone
- A Computer (it should have iTunes)
- A USB Cable
Once you have collected these things, you are good to go. Now follow the steps we have mentioned below to delete the system Storage on your iOS device.
- First of all, open iTunes on your Windows computer or Mac.
- Now, use the USB cable and connect one end with your computer and the other end with your iOS device.
- Next, you have to unlock your iOS device by entering the password. If you are connecting your iPhone to your computer for the first time then click on the Trust button on the pop-up that appears on your phone.
- After you have successfully connected your phone to your computer then wait for a few minutes and don’t do anything on your computer or your iOS device.
- After a few minutes have passed, open the Settings app on your iOS device. Look for the General settings and click on it.
- Now search for the Storage option, and proceed.
- Wait for a few seconds until your iPhone’s storage usage is calculated.
- When it’s done scroll down to the bottom of your screen to see the system storage. You will notice that the amount has been recalculated and the system storage is decreased.
- Now, disconnect your iOS device from your Windows computer and Mac.
I hope that by following this method your system storage will be decreased.
- How to Set up Apple Watch Without Pairing to iPhone
- IPhone Charging Port Not Working
- How to Make Your Headphones Louder
- How to Unlock A Stolen Macbook Pro
- How to Factory Reset iPad Without Apple ID & Password
- How to Use Chromecast Without Wifi