Following are a few methods that can be used to connect the JBL soundbar to the TV:
Using HDMI to connect a JBL Soundbar to a TV (ARC):
When connecting a JBL soundbar to a TV, an HDMI connection is the most reliable alternative. This is due to the fact that the HDMI connection is extremely compatible with digital audio sources. It produces a sound that is smooth and high-definition. HDMI is a connector that performs two functions in one. It is capable of transmitting both audio and video.
Making a connection between your TV and JBL soundbar is easy if you follow these simple steps.
The HDMI (ARC) port is located on the back of the soundbar:
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on your computer.
- Locate the HDMI input on the back of your television.
- The other end of the HDMI cable should be inserted into the TV’s HDMI port.
- Make sure your television and soundbar are both turned on.
- On your television, turn on the HDMI CEC and HDMI ARC capabilities.
The procedure has been completed. Check to see if the audio from the TV is coming from the soundbar or not.
Using an Optical Cable to Connect a JBL soundbar to a TV:
An optical cable can be used instead of an HDMI cable in some situations. It operates in the same manner.
By using the same procedure as described previously, you can connect your JBL soundbar to your television. The procedure for attaching a soundbar to a television, whether by optical or HDMI, is identical.
The transmission quality of an HDMI cable versus an optical cable is the most significant distinction between the two types of cables. HDMI is compatible with all audio formats, including Blu-ray, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS-HD Master Audio. An HDMI connection provides you with the highest possible sound quality. Furthermore, it has the capability of transmitting visual signals.
While optical links are capable of transmitting the latest audio formats, digital ones are not. As a result, it is not optimal.
Bluetooth Connection between a JBL Soundbar and a TV:
The JBL soundbar can be connected to your TV via Bluetooth if you have a smart TV that supports this technology.
To establish this connection, simply follow these simple steps:
- First and foremost, turn on your soundbar and television.
- Enable Bluetooth functionality on your soundbar.
- This function can be accessed via the remote control or by hitting the button on the soundbar itself.
- A blue indicator light illuminates, indicating that the soundbar is ready for connecting with the smartphone.
- Now, turn on Bluetooth on your television and look for any available devices.
- On your television, select the JBL soundbar.
- A solid blue indicator illuminates to indicate that the connection has been established successfully.
- Last but not least, you can watch media on your television while the sound is provided by your JBL soundbar.
The Bluetooth connection is not very dependable at all. It is possible that audio will be transmitted with a delay. Furthermore, the sound quality is not particularly good.
- How To Pair JBL Headphones
- How to Connect JBL Speakers Together
- How to Connect JBL Speakers to iPhone
- How To Pair JBL Bluetooth Headphones
- How to Reset Bose Soundbar 700 and 500
- How to Connect JBL Speakers to Computer and Laptop